Add a little punch to your sweet potato!
Sick of the same ‘ol same ‘ol? Looking for something seriously different to bring to next weekend’s party or to help make dinner a bit more interesting again? Well, look no further than this Skinny Ms. Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Crispy Kale and Feta recipe! Even the name is probably more exciting than anything else you’ve eaten this week, and potentially this month, right? That’s what we thought.
This is THE baked sweet potato dish to rock your socks and those of your guests, family, and friends, too. Not only is it super flavorful, but it boasts a veritable feast of nutrients as well. Sweet potato packs a beta-carotene punch with a healthy dose of vitamin C and dietary fiber. Kale also delivers dietary fiber, in addition to calcium and potassium. You’re set with these two powerhouse superfoods, guaranteed to add a powerful helping of nutrition to your day.
Think cooking up sweet potatoes along with kale, and adding some feta flavor, seems like it might entail too much work? Well, think again. All you need to do to follow this healthy sweet potato recipe is to bake the potatoes, bake the kale, and then pile on the goodness with some feta, and perhaps a few walnuts for flair. It could not be more simple. So what are you waiting for? Get your Skinny Ms. Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Crispy Kale and Feta butt in gear! We know you’ll be glad you did.
Baked Sweet Potatoes with Crispy Kale and Feta
- 4 sweet potatoes large
- 1 bunch curly kale small, center ribs removed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
For the sweet potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Scrub potatoes, wipe dry and place on a baking sheet. Bake 45-55 minutes, or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
- While potatoes are baking, in a medium skillet, toss the chopped kale in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Over medium heat, sauté kale until slightly wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Slice sweet potatoes in half lengthwise. Use a fork to loosen potato and add kale, feta, and walnuts. Return to oven for 10 -12 minutes to melt the feta.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We love feedback! Head to the comments section to let us know what you think of this post, or what you’d like to see on our site.