Combine shrimp and Asian flavors for a healthy treat!
Love seafood? Crave spring rolls? Give these rolls a whirl! Follow this simple recipe and create delicious Shrimp Spring Rolls in your own home visiting an expensive restaurant! The majority of ingredients are superfoods, including bell peppers, carrot, mint, and shrimp. They are nutrient powerhouses and have amazing health benefits. Go on, give em’ a try.
Shrimp Spring Rolls
- 1 pound shrimp medium, shelled, deveined and cooked
- 1 cup bean threads noodles
- 1 bell pepper medium; green, yellow, or red
- 1 carrot medium
- 1 mint leave sprig chopped
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 spring roll skins
- Soak the bean thread noodles for 10 minutes in room temperature water until soft. Remove from water and cut into halves; in bowl toss noodles with oil, sesame seeds, and mint.
- Cut bell peppers and carrots into julienne shape (small sticks shape).
- Place 1/2 inch of warm water in a plate. Submerge a spring roll skin in water for 10 seconds. Remove from water and transfer to a clean work surface. Place shrimp in a straight row across the lower third of spring roll skin. Top shrimp with carrots, bell peppers, and 1/3 cup rice noodles mixture.
- Carefully lift the edge of spring roll skin nearest you up and over the filling. Fold sides over filling and continue to roll away from you until edges are sealed. Transfer summer roll to a platter, cover with a damp paper towel and continue building remaining rolls.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms