With just five simple ingredients, this dish is a snap to whip up.
With 5 basic ingredients, these Simple Pan Seared Scallops are a snap to whip up. The wholesome dish will please family members, dinner guests, and in-laws alike! Read on for the easy how-to.
Sprinkle your scallops with salt and pepper. Pour coconut oil in a skillet and heat. Cook the scallops to golden brown perfection (attained in only four minutes). Serve with zesty lemon and warm veggies or whole-wheat pasta. Sit back and savor each luscious bite!
By searing the scallops in coconut oil as opposed to conventional oils, you add a bucketful of health benefits to the dish. Coconut oil contains plentiful fatty acids that are essential to your health. The soft, savory fish boasts a protein-packed, vitamin-rich profile proven to boost your immune system and protect against heart attacks.
Simple Pan Seared Scallops
- 1 pound scallops wild caught preferred, side-muscle removed, rinsed, and patted dry
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper. Pour oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- After a few seconds, once oil is shimmering but not smoking (remove pan from heat briefly if smoking), add scallops so they are not touching.
- Sear scallops for about 2 minutes on one side. Turn and repeat. Scallops should be golden brown on the outside, slightly firm, and can have some translucency in the centers.
- Serve with lemon wedges and vegetables or over a simple whole wheat pasta.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We need your feedback! Let us know what you thought about these simple pan seared scallops, or anything else on the site. Leave us a comment below.