You're a skillet away from whipping up this simple, satisfying meal!
This one pan garlic chicken recipe comes together fast and tastes delicious. The sauce is extra flavorful and made with whole wheat flour, olive oil, and milk, so it’s a great alternative if you’re looking for healthy chicken recipes. Serve this chicken recipe with some green veggies for a super easy meal that is sure to make it on top of your favorites list.
Skillet Chicken with Lemon-Garlic Sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds chicken pieces on the bone skin removed
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper freshly ground, to taste
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon flour I used white whole wheat
- 3/4 cup milk low-fat
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley fresh, chopped
- 2 teaspoons thyme fresh
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add chicken and cook until browned on one side, turn over pieces and add lemon slices on top. Continue cooking chicken until browned on the other side and cooked through. Remove chicken and lemon slices from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the garlic and flour and stir until bubbly. Add the milk, lemon juice, parsley and thyme, and bring to a boil, whisking continuously. Turn the heat down and simmer over low for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve the browned chicken topped with the lemon-garlic sauce.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
You might also like our list of 10 Easy and Delicicious Chicken Recipes.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
What’s your favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? Fill us in below by leaving a comment.