This one pan garlic chicken recipe comes together fast and tastes delicious. The sauce is extra flavorful and made with whole wheat flour, olive oil, and milk, so it’s a great alternative if you’re looking for healthy chicken recipes. Serve this chicken recipe with some green veggies for a super easy meal that is sure to make it on top of your favorites list.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 chicken breast and 1/4 cup sauce|Calories: 362| Total Fat: 18 g | Saturated Fat: 4 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 129 mg | Sodium: 150 mg | Carbohydrates: 5 g | Dietary Fiber: 0 g | Sugars: 3 g | Protein: 43 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 9
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2.5 - 3 lbs chicken pieces on the bone, skin removed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour (I used white-whole wheat)
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add chicken and cook until browned on one side, turn over pieces and add lemon slices on top. Continue cooking chicken until browned on the other side and cooked through. Remove chicken and lemon slices from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the garlic and flour and stir until bubbly. Add the milk, lemon juice, parsley and thyme, and bring to a boil, whisking continuously. Turn the heat down and simmer over low for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve the browned chicken topped with the lemon-garlic sauce.
You might also like our list of 10 Easy and Delicicious Chicken Recipes.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
What’s your favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? Fill us in below by leaving a comment.