This southern comfort food is made healthy with this easy recipe!
Next time you are in the grocery store, pick up a container of Pimento Cheese Spread and count the number of ingredients. My count was 36 ingredients, half of which I had never heard of. Scary! I loved this sandwich spread as a kid but now know the commercially made kind is full of fat and other unhealthy ingredients. This recipe is low calorie, low fat and still has the yummy cheese spread taste.
Skinny Pimento Cheese Spread
- 2 cups cheddar cheese reduced-fat, shredded
- 1 green onion diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese fat-free
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt plain, fat free
- 4 ounce diced pimentos jarred, drained
- 1 small jalapeno pepper seeded and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well combined. Or, use an electric mixer and beat until creamy. Add spread to a glass-covered container and refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Pimento cheese spread tastes great as a sandwich spread, dip, on burgers, wheat crackers and even on homemade pizza.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms