Apple butter is delicious on a variety of foods. We love it on everything from toast and pancakes to spice cake, and even pork! Mix it with Greek yogurt for a sweet, creamy dip. Try it with our delicious. We like to serve it for breakfast, in place of butter and other high-fat spreads.
Yields: 4 half pint jars/32 servings | Serving size: 2 tablespoons | Calories: 35 | Total Fat: 0 g | Saturated Fats: 0 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 56 mg | Carbohydrates: 9 g | Dietary fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 7 g | Protein: 0 g | SmartPoints: 2 |
- 12 medium apples (4 each of Granny Smith, Gala, Honeycrisp) peeled, cored, cut into 1" cubes
- Note: We like to mix the apples with tart Granny Smith & sweet apples like Gala & Honeycrisp. Other sweet apples Golden Delicious, Pink Lady, Red Delicious, Fuji, Ambrosia, and Spartan.
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- Pinch kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 cup unrefined sweetener, more or less to taste (recommended: sucanat or coconut palm sugar or honey
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl. Add apples to the slow-cooker, pour dry ingredients over and toss to coat. If using, pour in honey and stir. Cover, cook on low 8-10 hours until tender and brown. If you prefer chunky apple butter, leave as is. For a creamier, less chunky butter, whisk until smooth.
- Allow to cool to room temperature, add to 1/2 pint or pint jelly jars, leave about 1" head space at the top to allow for expanding. Cover with lid and freeze or refrigerate.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.