The original Bananas Foster was created at Brennan’s Restaurant in New Orleans over 60 years ago. Now, SkinnyMs. has taken this fantastic, flaming dessert and made it a delicious low calorie treat. Slow Cooker Bananas Foster is destined to be a hit with friends and families.
In our reconfigured recipe, we cut the butter and sugar, and combined honey, coconut oil, cinnamon and a little rum extract with banana slices to take Slow Cooker Bananas Foster to a whole new level. Each serving of this gluten free dessert has just a little over 100 calories and only two grams of fat.
Everyone wants to enjoy decadent desserts and Slow Cooker Bananas Foster is the perfect way to dive into a elegant dessert without the guilt. Many of our readers say they love our Slow Cooker Bananas Foster and make it for any occasion from the most elegant dinner parties to a casual family gathering. As a favorite in the SkinnyMs. community, we promise that anyone and everyone will want to know how you made it. Dive into this luscious dessert and enjoy!
Our Bananas Foster recipe has been featured in Shape.com and HuffingtonPost.com.
You will find this delicious recipe featured in SkinnyMs. Slow Cooker Cookbook.
Serving size: 1/2 cup | Calories: 110 | Total Fat: 2 g | Saturated Fats: 1 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg |Sodium: 2 mg | Carbohydrates: 28 g | Dietary fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 18 g | Protein: 2 g | SmartPoints: 6 |
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted (unrefined coconut oil)
- 3 tablespoon honey
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 bananas, medium firmness, 1/2” slices
- 1/2 teaspoon 100% Rum Extract (optional)
- Add and combine the first four ingredients to the slow cooker. Add banana slices, toss gently to coat with honey mixture. Cover and cook on low 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Add rum extract to bananas and stir to combine. Minimum slow cooker size: 4 quarts.
- Stovetop Method: Combine the first 4 ingredients in a medium saucepan. Add banana slices, toss gently to coat with honey mixture, cover and cook on low heat for approximately 30 minutes, or until heated through and bananas are soft but not falling apart. Add rum extract and stir to combine. Enjoy alone or over favorite desserts.
Never miss a recipe, join us on Pinterest for more slow cooker favorites.