This southern favorite can now be eaten with no guilt!
Enjoy southern fried chicken, Skinny Ms. style!
Southern Fried Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg white slightly beaten
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the flour, black pepper and cayenne pepper in a gallon size zip lock bag.
- Dip chicken one piece at a time into egg white, allowing excess to drip off. Place chicken one at a time in the bag with flour mixture, shake the bag to lightly coat, remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add oil to an oven-safe skillet, turn to medium heat. Oil is the right temperature when a pinch of flour dropped in sizzles. Do NOT allow oil to get to the smoking point.
- Brown chicken on both sides, about 8 minutes on each side. Leave chicken in skillet and place in the oven, do not cover. Cook 30 minutes. Place chicken on paper towels to remove excess oil.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms