Pizza with a kick for the whole family to enjoy!
Nutritious pasta dishes aren’t exactly easy to come by. Most are loaded with refined flours and sugary sauces. Not this one! Healthy pasta can finally be yours with this comforting, yet healthier version, of Spicy Four Cheese Pasta. This whole Italian recipe is a delightful melange of tender whole grain pasta, flavorful tomato sauce, and luscious melted cheese.
This yummy recipe comes to us from Lauren at Oatmeal with a Fork. For more tantalizing recipes like this check out Lauren, a business graduate with a penchant for all things culinary, on her blog. Lauren’s goal is to create the healthiest recipes possible without sacrificing taste. She eats a little bit of everything, so you will find a vast variety of delicious recipes to choose from.
Spicy Four Cheese Pasta
- 3/4 pound whole-grain pasta of your choice most pasta come in 1 pound bags, just use about 3/4 of the bag
- 1 1/2 cup cottage cheese low-fat
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt I like 2% Fage
- 2 cups mozzarella part-skim, grated, divided
- 1/4 cup parsley fresh chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach loosely packed
- 1 tablespoon butter or coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion small, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 14 1/2 ounces fire-roasted tomatoes can
- 8 ounces tomato sauce can
- 1 1/2 teaspoon oregano dried
- 1 teaspoon rosemary dried
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons parmesan or romano cheese, grated
- several grinds of black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Cook your pasta in salted water, according to the package directions.
- In a bowl, mix your cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, yogurt, 1 cup of mozzarella, parsley, and spinach. Set aside.
- Heat the butter or oil in a skillet, and add the onion. Cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add in garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Add in tomatoes, tomato sauce, and spices. Simmer all on low for about 5 minutes.
- Mix all the above ingredients together. Top with the remaining 1 cup of mozzarella and 6 tablespoons of parmesan or romano cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes until bubbly and lightly browned. Top with a bit of fresh parsley and serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms