Minimal prep time and ingredients that feel like an indulgence without adding extra calories.
If you’re looking for an amazing and delicious garlic shrimp recipe, you can’t go wrong with one that comes together in less than five minutes and tastes like it came from a fine restaurant. With a white wine reduction, it’s full of flavor and heat. When served with rice and a green vegetable, this spicy shrimp dish is a healthy, low-calorie meal you will certainly put on your favorites list.
Spicy Garlic Shrimp
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves peeled and crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes or more if you like it really spicy
- 24 shrimp raw, jumbo; peeled, tails on, and deveined (tails off optional)
- 1/4 cup white wine dry
- 1/4 cup chicken broth fat-free
- 1/4 cup parsley fresh, chopped
- salt to taste
- ground pepper fresh, to taste
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the shrimp. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until pink in color. Remove shrimp and set aside. Add garlic and red pepper flakes, sauté for one minute.
- Remove the skillet, add the white wine to deglaze the pan. Place the skillet back on the burner, add broth and cook until the desired thickness has been reached. Add parsley, return shrimp to skillet and toss to coat. Remove from heat and serve.
- Serve over quinoa, rice, or your favorite whole grain.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Like what you see? Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter.