Spice up a classic party favorite with this recipe for Sriracha Deviled Eggs! Mouthwatering whipped yolks in hard-boiled egg halves pack a protein punch in every delicious bite. Zesty ingredients like sriracha, Dijon mustard, and paprika add sizzle while nonfat or low-fat Greek yogurt delivers creamy texture without the calorie overkill.
This combination of bold flavors and chewy textures is to die for. Don’t worry if you’re not a natural in the kitchen! The instructions are super simple and certain to yield nutritious, bite-sized snacks.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 2 deviled eggs | Calories: 83 | Total Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 188mg | Sodium: 241mg | Carbohydrates: 1g | Fiber: 0g | Sugars: 1g | Protein: 7g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 3 |
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup nonfat or low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sriracha hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika or smoked paprika
- 1/2 of a seedless or japanese/hot house cucumber, thinly sliced for garnish, optional
- To hard boil the eggs, place in a small pot and cover with cold water. The water should be at least one inch over the eggs. Bring just to a boil over medium heat. Cover and remove from the heat. Let sit for 10 minutes. Place in strainer under cold running tap water to cool. Peel and cut in half.
- Scoop out yolks and add them with yogurt, sriracha, mustard, salt and paprika to a blender or food processor and puree. Carefully scoop back into egg whites or pipe into the whites.
- Garnish each egg with a slice of cucumber, if desired.
We need your feedback! Let us know what you thought about this article or anything else on the site.