Who doesn’t love a delicious warm brie with fruit? Well, we turned this dessert cheese into a savory sweet lunch. Our Turkey, Brie, and Peach Panini sandwich takes your typical sandwich go-to to a whole other level with it’s unique combination of flavors. Not only is it delicious, but this panini is also packed with nutrients from vitamin-rich peaches and protein-packed turkey. Plus, peaches are low in calories and high in fiber, calcium, and potassium. Not to mention, this panini will keep you full and energized well past lunchtime.
Although it might sound elaborate, this meal will take you almost no time to prepare. Simply pre-make a batch of the peach jam, and you can enjoy this panini in only a few minutes. When people ask you what you had for lunch, you will stun them with this decadent meal!
Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 panini | Calories: 369 | Total Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 520mg | Carbohydrates: 22g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g | Protein: 28g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 12
- 2 large ripe peaches, peeled, pit removed, and roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 8 slices crusty whole grain bread
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 slices low-fat Brie cheese
- 8 slices turkey breast (left over roasted turkey works great!)
- 1 cup arugula
- In a medium sauce pan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil on medium high heat, stirring occasionally. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 30 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Stir often to prevent burning. The peaches will resemble a thick jam or jelly.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate when not using.
- Lightly spread olive oil on one side of each bread slice with non stick spray. Place 4 slices, oil side down, and spread 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard on each un-oiled side. On top of the mustard, place Brie cheese, turkey, arugula, and the prepared peaches. Divide each ingredient evenly among each bread slice. Place remaining bread slices on each, oil side up.
- Heat a saute pan or panini press to medium high heat. Once hot, place each sandwich and cook each side until golden brown and cheese is melted, about 3 minutes pressing down lightly on the sandwich. Cool slightly before cutting and serving.