You won't have an afternoon slump when you eat this protein-packed club!
It’s important to eat plenty of fiber and protein if you want to maintain a healthy weight. Fiber and protein help keep you full, keep your blood sugar stable, and give you the energy you need to get through a busy day. If you’re looking for the perfect protein and fiber-rich lunch, look no further than this turkey and spicy hummus club. Turkey and chickpeas are both great sources of protein, and chickpeas and whole-wheat bread are great sources of fiber. This zesty club also has spices, jalapenos, and garlic for flavor, making it as delicious as it is healthy.
Turkey and Spicy Hummus Club
For the Hummus
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans can, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno minced
For the Sandwich
- 8 slices dark rye bread toasted
- 8 ounces turkey thin sliced
- 8 slices turkey bacon nitrate-free, cooked
- 1 tomato large, sliced into rings
- 1 cup baby arugula
For the Hummus
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. If hummus is too thick, add additional lemon juice and olive oil until desired consistency is reached. Store leftover hummus in an airtight container, refrigerated.
For the Sandwiches
- On 4 slices of the rye bread, spread about 2 tablespoons of the hummus. On top of the hummus, place the remaining ingredients, divided evenly among each slice of bread. Top with remaining rye bread slice. Cut in half, serve and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We’d love to hear what you think of this post, or what you’d like to see on our site. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.