Love at first bite.
The best part of Thanksgiving? Leftovers! Skinny Ms. is here to transform your plain turkey into a mouth-watering meal. Our Turkey, Pesto, and Cranberry Melt Sandwich is simple and easy to prepare. We’ve added whole grain bread, low-fat mozzarella, and basil pesto to Thanksgiving classics. The result is a tasty treat for the whole family to enjoy.
Each ingredient is packed with nutritional benefits. Basil is rich in Vitamin K, manganese, and Vitamins A & C. Cranberries contain Vitamin C and fibers. Turkey provides lean protein, and whole grain bread is a healthy source of carbohydrates. With its stunning combination of flavors, this zesty sandwich is love at first bite.
Turkey, Pesto, and Cranberry Melt
- 4 cooked turkey breast slices (leftover turkey is perfect)
- 1/4 cup cranberry sauce more to taste
- 1/4 cup pesto recipe for pesto
- 8 mozzarella slices part-skim
- 8 whole-wheat bread slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil optional pure butter melted
- Prepare sandwiches by spreading olive oil on one side of bread. Heat a large griddle or nonstick skillet to medium heat, add bread and place olive oil side down. Add turkey slices and cranberry sauce to 4 slices and pesto and cheese to the other 4. Grill until bread is golden on the bottom, turkey is hot and cheese melted.
- Remove sandwiches and cut in half. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
More Healthy Sandwich Recipes at Skinny Ms.:
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.