The best part of Thanksgiving? Leftovers! SkinnyMs. is here to transform your plain turkey into a mouth-watering meal. Our Turkey, Pesto, and Cranberry Melt Sandwich is simple and easy to prepare. We’ve added whole grain bread, low-fat mozzarella, and basil pesto to Thanksgiving classics. The result is a tasty treat for the whole family to enjoy.
Each ingredient is packed with nutritional benefits. Basil is rich in Vitamin K, manganese, and Vitamins A & C. Cranberries contain Vitamin C and fibers. Turkey provides lean protein, and whole grain bread is a healthy source of carbohydrates. With its stunning combination of flavors, this zesty sandwich is love at first bite.
Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 sandwich | Calories: 292 | Total Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 116mg | Sodium: 325mg | Carbohydrates: 16g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Protein: 37g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 7
- 4 slices cooked turkey breast (leftover turkey is perfect)
- 1/4 cup cranberry sauce, more to taste
- 1/4 cup pesto, (recipe for pesto)
- 8 slices part skim mozzarella
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, optional pure butter melted
- Prepare sandwiches by spreading olive oil on one side of bread. Heat a large griddle or nonstick skillet to medium heat, add bread and place olive oil side down. Add turkey slices and cranberry sauce to 4 slices and pesto and cheese to the other 4. Grill until bread is golden on the bottom, turkey is hot and cheese melted.
- Remove sandwiches and cut in half. Enjoy!
More Healthy Sandwich Recipes at SkinnyMs.:
Don’t miss out on the latest from SkinnyMs. Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.