Bulk up your salad with whole grains!
Quinoa salads are hearty, filling, and make excellent one-bowl meals. This roasted eggplant dish gets its flavor from smoked paprika and plenty of fresh herbs, and complements the quinoa. When served warm, this salad hits all the marks in terms of nutrition and flavor.
Roasted Eggplant and Quinoa Salad
- 1 eggplant cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce lite, optional tamari
- 1/2 cup flat parsley leaves roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup mint leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup almonds toasted, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup scallions finely chopped
- 2 cup quinoa cooked
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss the eggplant with a teaspoon of salt in a bowl. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar, honey, paprika, oregano, lemon juice, garlic, and soy sauce in a bowl and add the eggplant. Stir until well coated. Spread on a parchment-lined sheet pan and roast until soft and lightly caramelized, about 45 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- When the eggplant is done, allow to cool slightly and toss with the remaining ingredients. Mix well and serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Like what you see? Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms. Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter. Check out our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.