A nourishing dish that'll save you on busy nights!
Need a quick and yummy recipe? Here is a great dish that not only is healthy, easy to shop for, and super easy to prepare!
If you enjoy this recipe, follow Chef Bill at thesexiestfood.blogspot.com for more of his delicious recipes. Chef Bill’s blog is meant to bring chefs, cooks and anyone as passionate about food as I am together to enjoy and share each others recipes food experiences and visuals. The Sexy Food criteria: Sexy Food is never practical or everyday. Sexy Food is never over-served. It’s Sexy!
Whole Grain Penne Pasta with Greens & Beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil good quality
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups whole peeled tomatoes can, roughly chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes fresh
- 15 ounces cannellini beans can
- sea salt to taste
- 13 ounces whole grain penne pasta box
- 4 cups baby arugula loosely packed
- Put a large pot of salted water over high heat to boil for pasta.
- In a large non-stick skillet warm the olive oil, garlic & pepper flakes until they simmer and garlic is slightly browned. (about 3 min.)
- Add the canned tomatoes and simmer over medium-low heat. (about 10 min.)
- Add the fresh cherry tomatoes and simmer for 10 min. more.
- Add the cannellini beans and return to a simmer.
- Season with sea salt and keep sauce warm over low heat.
- Cook the pasta being careful not to overcook.
- Drain the pasta and transfer into a large bowl.
- Add the hot sauce and arugula to the bowl and toss with a large kitchen spoon until the arugula has wilted.
- Divide the pasta into warm bowls and top with good quality grated parmesan.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What brand of pasta did u use and can you be more clear on the amount u used as well
Ashley, This is a guest recipe so I’m not sure what brand of penne was used. The recipe states, use a 13 ounce box of penne.