Need a quick and yummy recipe? Here is a great dish that not only is healthy, easy to shop for, and super easy to prepare!
If you enjoy this recipe, follow Chef Bill at thesexiestfood.blogspot.com for more of his delicious recipes. Chef Bill’s blog is meant to bring chefs, cooks and anyone as passionate about food as I am together to enjoy and share each others recipes food experiences and visuals. The Sexy Food criteria: Sexy Food is never practical or everyday. Sexy Food is never over-served. It’s Sexy!
Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 3/4 cup |Calories: 92 | Total Fat: 4.1 g | Saturated Fat: 0.5 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 22 mg | Carbohydrates: 11.4 g | Dietary Fiber: 3.2 g | Sugars: 2.2 g | Protein: 3.5 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 7
- 2 tablespoons good quality olive oil-
- 2 large garlic cloves peeled and crushed-
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes-
- 2 cups whole peeled canned tomatoes roughly chopped-
- 1 pint fresh cherry tomatoes-
- 1- 15oz. can cannelini beans-
- Sea Salt to taste-
- 1- 13.25oz. box of whole grain penne pasta-
- About 4 cups of loosely packed baby arugala
- Put a large pot of salted water over high heat to boil for pasta.
- In a large non-stick skillet warm the olive oil, garlic & pepper flakes until they simmer and garlic is slightly browned. (about 3 min.)
- Add the canned tomatoes and simmer over medium low heat. (about 10 min.)
- Add the fresh cherry tomatoes and simmer for 10 min. more
- Add the cannelini beans and return to a simmer
- Season with sea salt and keep sauce warm over low heat.
- Cook the pasta being careful not to overcook...
- Drain the pasta and transfer into a large bowl.
- Add the hot sauce and arugala to the bowl and toss with a large kitchen spoon
- until the arugala has wilted.
- Divide the pasta into warm bowls and top with good quality grated parmesan.