This recipe is one of life’s simple pleasures. Quick and easy to put together, and an absolute crowd pleaser, you just cannot go wrong with this dish.
Yields: 6 | Serving size: 1 cup | Calories: 255 | Previous Points: 5 | Points Plus: 7 | Total Fat: 7 g | Saturated Fats: 2 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 24 mg | Sodium: 468 mg | Carbohydrates: 31 g | Dietary fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 16 g | Protein: 18 g
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless (about 1.5 pounds), cut into 2" cubes
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, in natural juice
- 2 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drain
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground ginger
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and seeded, sliced into 1" strips
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Recommend using a 4-7 quart slow-cooker.
Pour juice from canned pineapple chunks into a small mixing bowl. Add to juice, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and honey, whisk to combine. Add cornstarch and stir until combined.
Place chicken in slow-cooker, add pineapple chunks and water chestnuts. Pour pineapple mixture over chicken, cover. Add bell pepper the last 30 minutes of cooking time. Cook on low 4-6 hours. Serve chicken over a bed of quinoa or brown rice.
NOTE: Other add-in suggestions: sliced zucchini, snow peas, diced carrots or diced almonds. Add any of these the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
Click here for theÂ Top 10 Slow Cooker Recipes on Skinny Ms.