This gluten-free chocolate cake recipe is to die for!
Gluten-free baking has never been easier. Believe it or not, the only things you need to make this 3-Ingredient Chocolate Cake are eggs, butter, and chocolate chips. You likely have all of those ingredients on-hand in your pantry right now! Before you know it, you’ll have enough cake to feed a crowd. If you don’t tell them, no one will know this recipe is gluten-free, and they definitely won’t guess each serving has fewer than 300 calories!
3-Ingredient Chocolate Cake
How can three ingredients come together to create such an incredible dessert? That’s the magic of baking! We start by whipping the eggs until they double in size. Some recipes call for whipping the egg whites and the yolks separately, but we found that made little difference in the finished results. Why go through all the extra effort if it’s not worth it?
Then, we melt the chocolate chips with the butter. Because we use semi-sweet chocolate chips, you won’t need to add any extra sugar. The combination of sweet chocolate with rich butter creates an immense amount of flavor. When the chocolate is melted, it’s time to fold in the eggs. We do this process little by little, folding a third of the eggs in at a time. That preserves as much air in the whipped eggs as possible, creating an incredibly light texture as the cake bakes.
And that’s it! Pop the batter into a spring-form pan and surround it with hot water. The water bath creates the perfect environment for keeping the cake light and moist.
A little goes a long way when it comes to this 3-Ingredient Chocolate Cake. You might be shocked that the recipe makes 16 servings! Following good portion control not only helps keep the servings to fewer than 300 calories, but it also keeps your taste buds from overloading. This cake is reminiscent of a very rich, filling brownie, so don’t overdo it!
3-Ingredient Chocolate Cake | Gluten Free Recipe
- 8 Eggs
- 1 pound semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup whole butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place a circle piece of parchment paper into the bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan, the circle should be the same size as the pan bottom. Spray the spring form with nonstick spray and wrap the outside of the pan with aluminum foil. Place the prepared pan into a roasting pan with high sides and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl with a whisk attachment, whip the eggs until they double in size. about 6 to 8 minutes. While the eggs whip, melt the chocolate and butter together in a large bowl.
- Once melted, fold 1/3 of the egg mixture into the chocolate. Fold very gently, just until the egg mix is incorporated into the chocolate. Repeat two more times or until the egg mixture has been folded into the chocolate. Pour the batter into the prepared spring form pan.
- Pour hot water into the roasting pan until the water reaches 1/3 up the outside of the spring form pan. Place in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely before removing sides. To remove the bottom of the spring form pan and parchment paper, carefully place a plate on top of the cake and "flip".
- If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar and top with fresh fruit.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Find more gluten-free recipes by following us on Pinterest. Our gluten-free boards include sweet treats like this dessert along with savory mains and tasty snacks and appetizers.