This delicious salmon recipe is the perfect low-carb, high protein meal!
If you haven’t tried this 3-Ingredient Tender Broiled Salmon recipe yet, you’re missing out. It’s the ultimate low-carb, high-protein meal: it has a whopping 35 grams of protein and ZERO grams of carbs. Not only that, but you only need three ingredients to make it happen, two of which you almost definitely have on-hand in the pantry. I think this salmon recipe just became my new favorite weeknight dinner!
It all starts with a good piece of salmon. We definitely recommend wild-caught whenever possible. Both farm-raised and wild salmon are high in omega-3 fatty acids, but the wild salmon has more flavor and fewer grams of saturated fat and omega-6 fatty acids (which are stored in your body fat and are hard to shed). Then, season it simply with your other two ingredients (salt and red pepper flakes) and under the broiler it goes! Eight minutes later, it will be tender and ready to eat.
The Best Way to Serve 3-Ingredient Tender Broiled Salmon
Once the salmon comes out of the oven, you might be wondering how best to eat it. You have several options here depending on what type of meal you’d like to eat!
When I’m eating salmon for dinner, I usually serve this 3-Ingredient Tender Broiled Salmon with a vegetable side. My favorite sides are a spinach side salad with some heart-healthy avocado slices, roasted broccoli or Brussels sprouts, or sweet potatoes. If I’m looking for something more substantial, I’ll make brown rice, quinoa, lentils, or swap in cauliflower rice for a low-carb starch alternative.
For lunch, I love turning this salmon into tacos! You don’t even need tortillas to do this, either; follow our recipe for Shrimp Taco Bowls but swap in salmon instead of the shrimp. For a low-carb option, you can use lettuce cups instead of rice or tortillas.
No matter how you serve it, it will taste delicious!
3-Ingredient Tender Broiled Salmon
- 2 6 ounce salmon filet skins on
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to high broil. If the oven does not have a broil setting, preheat to 500 degrees.
- Once the oven is preheated, place a broiling pan or cast iron fry pan into the oven for about 10 minutes. A cast iron pan will work best.
- When the pan is very hot, carefully remove from the oven and place the salmon in the pan skin sided down. Season with the red pepper and salt. Return the pan to the oven and cook for about 8 minutes or until firm and flaky.
- Remove from the oven. If desired, serve with a splash of fresh lemon juice.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Looking for more seafood recipes? Check out our Pinterest pages!