Tone your body and find lower body balance.
Toning your entire lower half is tough work. Figuring out how to build toned legs that lead to an amazing butt requires focus combined with the right exercises. This 30-minute beginner’s lower body toning workout will set any new fitness enthusiast on the right path to finding lower body balance.
You’ll need some medium dumbbells for this lower body workout; think 10 to 15 pounds. You’ll also need an interval timer and two markers for the forward and backward bounds. You can use anything: keys, phone, cones, or any other item that you’ll notice.
30-Minute Beginner’s Lower Body Toning Workout
This lower body toning workout offers a mix of weighted and fast-paced movements. This combination is perfect to build lower-body muscles while also burning total body fat. Perform each exercise for 40 seconds and rest for 10 seconds in between each exercise. Complete five rounds, resting for one minute in between each round.
- Skaters: These are a great bodyweight exercise to work each leg individually while boosting your metabolism and heart rate.
- Star Jump Burpees: A fun twist on burpees that targets your glutes. Jump high and spread wide to really work your muscles.
- Pendulum Lunge: A great lower body exercise that incorporates balance with leg work to simultaneously build a stronger core.
- Jump Squat: An all-purpose lower body exercise that helps tone your legs and boost your hops.
- Forward and Backward Bounds: Bounds mix balance with total leg work. The balancing helps build minor leg muscles that will support the larger ones.
- Alternating Dumbbell Lunge: A classic lower body exercise. Work on your balance and form before you add the dumbbells.
Eating healthy meals will support you through this lower body workout. Compliment this toning workout and with our Drop a Dress Size with Our 14-Day Meal Plan. Work hard and eat smart!
Star Jump Burpees
Forward and Backward Bounds
Alternating Dumbbell Lunge
Love this beginner’s lower body toning workout? Balance this lower body workout with this Fat-Blasting Upper Body HIIT Workout.