These 7 exercises are all you'll need.
Pumping up your arms always makes you feel good, doesn’t it? Compared to other muscle groups, arm workouts allow you to see the extra pump immediately, which instantly boosts your confidence and dedication to the grind! While that pump won’t last forever, consistently training your arms will provide you with long-lasting results. Earning fitter arms just takes time, dedication, and steady movement to create the burn. These 7 best arm exercises are all you’ll need, so give them a try!
Won’t Lifting Weights Make My Arms Bulky?
One common misconception out there is that training your arms (or any muscle group, for that matter) more than once per week will lead to big, bulky muscles. This couldn’t be further from the truth. Performing high-repetition exercise with a moderate weight, multiple times per week will actually help you burn fat while simultaneously firming and toning your muscles! The routine below is a perfect example of the kind of workout you should be performing for sleek, sexy, feminine arms!
7 Best Arm Exercises
For this workout, you’ll need light to medium dumbbells, a chair, and an interval timer (which most phones have.) If you’re a beginner, you should stick with a lighter weight, around 5 lb. dumbbells, to make sure you get form down properly. If you consider yourself to be at the intermediate level, you should use 10 lbs.+ weights. Finally, if you think you qualify as advanced, you should aim for 15 lbs.+ dumbbells.
Aside from improving your appearance, stronger arms will make the rest of your body part workouts easier. You’ll also begin to notice that every day tasks have gotten less difficult, too!
Perform each of the exercises below for 45 seconds with no rest in between. Rest 45 seconds in between each round, completing 4 rounds total. For best results, complete this arm routine 2-3 times a week.
1. Bicep Curls: A standard for bolder and bigger biceps.
2. Arnold Press: One of my favorite exercises for triceps and shoulders. Find a nice chair with good back support so you don’t put excess pressure on your spine.
3. Hammer Curl: These give you more movement control to build better biceps.
4. Push-up: These are the best triceps exercises, especially since there are so many variations.
5. Wide Bicep Curl: This targets the outside of the bicep to give it a more full look all over.
6. Dumbbell Kickback: A great exercise to isolate and build the triceps.
7. Dumbbell Curl to Press: Closeout with a two-part exercise that works your biceps, triceps, and shoulder.
But wait – you’ll need fuel to help burn through this workout. Enjoy any one of our 18 Best Energy Bites Recipes for quick and easy energy.
Wide Bicep Curl
Dumbbell Curl to Press
Once this best arms workout becomes second nature (and it will), try our 7-Day Summer Arms Challenge to keep your arms toned all year long.
Also, be sure to follow us on Pinterest to stay up to date on all of our latest fitness routines! You can sign up for our our daily eNewsletter too, and get workouts, recipes, and more sent straight to your inbox!