A perfect tasty snack!
Who doesn’t love a yummy snack?… Well if you’re a snack lover like me, I’ve got the perfect snack for you!
These delicious and healthy little treats make for a great snack, dessert or part of any meal, and the best part? Almond Butter and Banana Sandwiches are super easy to make.
Bananas are a good source of potassium, an electrolyte that’s key for proper muscle function and relaxation, and is also important for promoting balanced blood pressure. Potassium is also a key nutrient for hydration and fluid balance too.
Although bananas often get a bad wrap because they’re higher in sugar than some other fruits, they do contain key nutrients like potassium, and they also contain prebiotics. Prebiotics are key nutrients because they act as food for healthy gut bacteria called probiotics (other sources of prebiotics include asparagus, garlic, onions, cabbage, beans, and bran). Healthy gut bacteria is key for weight management, insulin regulation and more.
Almond Butter and Banana Sandwiches
- 1 banana sliced
- 1 tablespoon almond butter natural (enough for a dab in each sandwich)
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes unsweetened and no sulfites
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs optional
- dash of cinnamon optional
- 1 to 2 granules himalayan sea salt optional
- Peel and slice the banana. Add almond butter and coconut along with other ingredients on 4-5 of the 8-10 slices.
- Close the sandwiches, and place the sandwiches on a plate or cookie sheet and place into the freezer. Allow the sandwiches to set for 20-30 minutes (or more), then serve and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms