This easy-to-make, delicious soup is perfect for a cold day.
There’s nothing better than an easy-to-make, delicious soup on a cool day.
This Apple and Butternut Squash Soup was made entirely with organic produce from my Community Shared Agriculture “CSA” share (see www.localharvest.org to find one near you).
Apple and Butternut Squash Soup
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 butternut squash medium, peeled and chopped
- 1 sweet yellow onion
- 3 apples small (or 2 medium), peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water, low-sodium
- cilantro fresh, for optional garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add chopped butternut squash, sweet yellow onion, apples, and salt and pepper to the pot and continue to cook on medium for 5-10 minutes, then reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook until ingredients are softened, about 45 minutes.
- Once ingredients are softened add low-sodium vegetable broth or water and continue to cook for another 5-10 minutes on medium heat until soup is warm.
- Remove pot from heat and add through blender or food processor, or use immersion blender.
- Garnish with fresh or dried cilantro and serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms