Dress up breakfast with this lovely Asparagus & Egg Scramble recipe! Two nutrient-rich superfoods, asparagus and eggs, share the spotlight and generate major flavor in this dish. The tender bite from the asparagus perfectly complements the soft fluffiness from the egg.
Cooked in healthy olive oil and complete with salt and pepper to taste, this savory scramble will please the whole family. As a bonus, the recipe delivers a healthy dose of protein, certain to give you energy and curb cravings throughout the day. Just scramble the ingredients, serve, and enjoy!
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 118 | Total Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 187mg | Sodium: 221mg | Carbohydrates: 3g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Protein: 8g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 4 |
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk (low-fat dairy or unsweetened almond, coconut, or soy)
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody bottom stems removed (about 1 inch bottom), then cut in half
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs and milk to scramble. Add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil to a skillet (nonstick preferred) over medium high heat. Add asparagus pieces and sprinkle half the salt and pepper.
- Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until crisp-tender. Add remaining olive oil and scrambled eggs. Sprinkle in the rest of the salt and pepper.
- Stir continuously as the eggs are cooking, scraping the bottom, until done, for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Serve and enjoy!
Loved the recipe? We need your feedback! Leave a comment below about this article or anything else on the site.