Overnight oats are trending these days – and for good reason! Instead of lingering by the stove waiting for oats to simmer and thicken, prepare this overnight oatmeal by throwing ingredients into a jar and popping it in the refrigerator. Oats absorb milk and flavor from added spices overnight, forming a deliciously creamy grab-and-go breakfast!
This recipe packs the mouthwatering goodness of a banana walnut muffin into an uber-nutritious oatmeal. Raw honey and a dash of cinnamon add satisfying sweetness, while chia seeds bump up the fiber content. Fast and a cinch to prepare, this no-cook, no-bake morning meal will get you up and keep you going all day long!
Yields: 2 servings | Calories: 213 | Total Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 117mg | Carbohydrates: 38g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 28g | Protein: 7g | SmartPoints: 9
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- Add all of the ingredients to two bowls or jars, cover, and stir to combine. Refrigerate for 6-8 hours.
- When ready to serve, heat the oats in the microwave or enjoy chilled. Top with the walnuts and banana slices just before serving.
What’s your favorite way to prep oatmeal? Have a favorite flavor to share? Leave a comment in the section below.