Fast and a cinch to prepare!
Overnight oats are trending these days – and for good reason! Instead of lingering by the stove waiting for oats to simmer and thicken, prepare this overnight oatmeal by throwing ingredients into a jar and popping it in the refrigerator. Oats absorb milk and flavor from added spices overnight, forming a deliciously creamy grab-and-go breakfast!
This recipe packs the mouthwatering goodness of a banana walnut muffin into an uber-nutritious oatmeal. Raw honey and a dash of cinnamon add satisfying sweetness, while chia seeds bump up the fiber content. Fast and a cinch to prepare, this no-cook, no-bake morning meal will get you up and keep you going all day long!
Banana Walnut Overnight Oatmeal
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup milk low-fat
- 1/3 cup yogurt plain, low-fat
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 1 banana peeled and sliced
- Add all of the ingredients to two bowls or jars, cover, and stir to combine. Refrigerate for 6-8 hours.
- When ready to serve, heat the oats in the microwave or enjoy chilled. Top with the walnuts and banana slices just before serving.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What’s your favorite way to prep oatmeal? Have a favorite flavor to share? Leave a comment in the section below.