A flavorful twist on a classic summer favorite.
Need a foolproof recipe for your next barbecue? Try this new and innovative twist on classic grilled chicken. You’ll love grilling with foil packets, which lock in flavor for a perfect grill. Simply wrap the cubed chicken, peppers, and onions in sheets of foil, season them up, and set them on the grill. You’ll get delicious, flavorful chicken every time.
Aside from delicious vegetable nutrients, this recipe adds a healthy twist by using low-sugar BBQ sauce. And since this is such a versatile recipe, you can bring it to any gathering and customize it however you like. It cooks in only 20 minutes, so you don’t have to spend your whole evening over the grill! Pair this dish with practically any side for a fun, flavor-packed, healthy barbecue treat.
BBQ Chicken Foil Packets
- 24 to 32 ounces boneless and skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes (4 pieces)
- 1 cup BBQ sauce no sugar added
- 1 green bell pepper cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 red onion cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pre heat grill to medium high heat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the chicken and BBQ sauce. Mix well. Lay 4 large sheets of foil on a flat surface and lightly spray with non-stick spray. Divide chicken and BBQ mix between each of the 4 foil sheets.
- Top with green pepper and onion, dividing evenly between all 4 foil sheets. Sprinkle each with salt. Tightly fold in all four sides so the foil creates a pocket and is sealed tightly.
- Place on grill and cook with the grill lid closed, for 20 to 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Vent the foil packet before opening by poking each with a knife to release steam. Serve with your favorite veggie side dish!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Give this recipe a try and let us know how you customize it to make it your own!