Are you in need of a quick and nutritious meal that is not only good for you but tastes great too? If so, you’re in luck! These rich and flavorful Roasted Red Pepper Salmon Burgers are just as easy to prepare as they are scrumptious.
When you think of burgers, salmon might not be the first thing that comes to mind (if it even comes to mind at all). Once you try this awesome recipe, your opinion of burgers will never be the same. Salmon is actually an exceptionally meaty fish, making it the perfect texture for a hearty burger. Throw in some added flavor from red pepper and other spices, and you’ve got yourself a new favorite go-to burger recipe.
Why We Love Salmon
There are so many excellent reasons to eat salmon. In addition to the fact that it tastes wonderful, it also contains a wide range of vital nutrients. Salmon is loaded with healthy omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin B, potassium, and selenium. It’s also one of the most heart-healthy sources of protein available. As if these aren’t enough reasons to eat more salmon, the delicious flavor of this protein is sure to keep your diet exciting!
Easy and Delicious!
These Roasted Red Pepper Salmon Burgers are incredibly simple to make. In fact, they can be ready to go in fewer than 20 minutes! You’ll start by mixing the salmon, roasted red pepper, yogurt, egg whites, onion, bread crumbs, and seasonings together in a bowl. This mixture will make up the burger patties. Once the oven is preheated, place the patties on a baking sheet and cook for 8 minutes on each side.
Once your patties come out of the oven, spread an even layer of clean-eating mayo on one half of your whole-wheat bun. You can use store-bought clean mayo, or make this incredibly delicious plant-based avocado mayonnaise. Then, top each burger with a little bit of lettuce and tomato, and your delicious dinner is ready to enjoy!
Roasted Red Pepper Salmon Burgers
- 1 pound salmon cooked and flaked (you can use smoked salmon for extra flavor!)
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper chopped (pat dry if using jarred or canned)
- 1/3 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup onion minced
- 1 cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt omit salt if using smoked salmon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley finely chopped
- 4 whole wheat burger buns lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons fat-free clean mayonnaise
- 1 large tomato sliced
- 4 large leaves of bibb lettuce romaine can be substituted
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the salmon, roasted red pepper, yogurt, egg whites, onion, bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper, and parsley. Mix well. Divide the mixture into four even portions and form into patties. Place on the parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes, remove from the oven and carefully turn over. Return to oven and bake for another 8 minutes or just until the patties begin to brown.
- On each top bun, spread a little mayo. Carefully place a salmon patty on each bottom bun and place a slice of tomato and lettuce leaf on top. Place the top bun on top and serve.
If you want a meal that is a little more hearty, these tasty side dishes will make a wonderful accompaniment to our Roasted Red Pepper Salmon Burgers:
If you enjoyed this recipe, and would like to see more of our nutritious dishes, be sure to follow us on Pinterest!