Calling something the “best ever” is a pretty bold claim. Here at SkinnyMs., we believe, with wholehearted confidence, that this potato salad deserves to take home the gold.
Our Best Ever Potato Salad recipe calls for red potatoes, which hold their shape very well after being cooked to tender perfection. A beautiful blend of bold, flavorful ingredients like egg yolks, celery, sweet onion, and pickles form a mixture that coats the cooked potatoes. Yellow dijon mustard gives the potatoes a tangy punch, while a subtle dusting of paprika adds a zesty touch to this yummy side dish.
And what’s a potato salad without mayo? We’ve included our clean version of mayo in the medley of nutritious ingredients, slashing calories and fat in comparison to conventional recipes. Rich, creamy, and waistline friendly? Yes, please!
Perfect for outdoor gatherings, potlucks, or picnics, this crowd-pleasing salad will yield rave reviews. We promise!
Yields: 10 servings | Calories: 195 | Total Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 321mg | Carbohdyrates: 15g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Protein: 4g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 6
- 5 medium red potatoes, rinsed and peeled (optional, Yukon Gold or Russet)
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 3 hard boiled eggs, shelled and chopped
- 2/3 cup Clean Mayo
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon diced sweet pickles
- 2 tablespoon sweet pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Paprika for garnish
- Chop potatoes into cubes, about 3/4-inch, and add to a large pot.
- Cover potatoes with water, add 1/2 teaspoon salt, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and low-boil until potatoes are tender, but not mushy, when pierced with a fork, about 15 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and allow to cool slightly.
- Combine chopped eggs with mayo, onion, mustard, pickles, pickle juice, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
- Add egg and mayo mixture to warm potatoes and gingerly toss to ensure potatoes are coated, being careful not to mash potatoes.
- Add potato salad to a serving bowl or casserole dish and lightly dust potato salad with paprika, serve or cover and refrigerate.
We need your feedback! Let us know what you thought about this article or anything else on the site. Please leave a comment in the section below.