Enjoy Mom's flavors without the added calories.
There’s nothing better than a comforting bowl of homemade chicken soup straight from mom’s kitchen – or is there? This chicken soup recipe has all those beautiful, loving flavors you remember from mom’s soup, with an added hint of mouthwatering freshness. It’s better than your Mom’s Chicken Soup! The crunchy corn kernels pair perfectly with the chewy green peas and soft-cooked carrots. And the shredded chicken absorbs these flavors, along with the savory aroma of thyme and garlic. Thanks to the crock-pot based recipe, the preparation is painless and the contraption works its magic when you’re done. You won’t resist this rich, bubbling healthy chicken soup recipe bursting with all the flavors of tender loving care.
Better than Your Mom's Chicken Soup
- 4 cups chicken stock low-sodium
- 3 carrots sliced
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves fresh
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 9 to 12 ounces boneless and skinless chicken breasts cut into small bite-size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup corn kernels frozen or fresh
- 1 cup peas frozen
- 1/2 cup long-grain brown rice uncooked (we used Uncle Ben's Instant Brown Rice)
- Add all ingredients, except corn, peas and rice, to the slow cooker, cover and cook on low 6- 8 hours, or until carrots are tender and chicken is done. Add corn, peas, and rice the last 10 -15 minutes of cooking time.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms