A nutritious salad that spotlights the classic rice-bean combo!
Black Bean and Brown Rice Salad
- 1 1/2 cups black beans home-cooked or 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drain and rinse
- 3 cups brown rice cooked to package directions, cooled (optional quinoa)
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini raw, finely grated
- 1/4 cup cilantro freshly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl, and serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Black Bean and Brown Rice Salad is featured in our Skinny Ms. Superfoods Cookbook