These mini cobblers are low in saturated fat, sodium, and cholesterol. More good news, they are also a good source of dietary fiber and vitamin C.
Yield: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 cup size ramekin | Calories: 257 | Total Fat: 6 g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 6 g | Sodium: 91 g | Carbohydrates: 47 g | Dietary Fiber: 8 g | Sugars: 27 g | Protein: 4 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 7 |
- 4 cups frozen blackberries
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Add blackberries, raspberries, and honey to a large saucepan; cover, and cook on medium low until berries are thawed. Combine lemon juice and cornstarch; add to the berries, and gently stir. Evenly spoon into lightly oiled individual ramekins. (May use an 8x8-inch cake pan instead of ramekins.)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and cinnamon. Add canola oil, and stir to combine. Lastly, add honey; use hands to combine mixture into crumbs. Sprinkle crumbs over mini cobblers. Bake on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper; loosely cover with foil after 10 minutes. Bake an additional 10–15 minutes, until tops are golden and juice is hot and bubbly.
- This recipe is featured in our recently launched cookbook, Skinny Ms. Superfoods, which can be found here!
For more superfood recipes, get your copy of SkinnyMs. Superfoods.