A delicious morning twist on an all-time favorite flavor combo.
Mmm mmm mmm! Who doesn’t love broccoli and cheese? We’re going to go out on a limb and say pretty much NO ONE, that’s who. It’s creamy. It’s comforting. It’s tasty. It makes you feel ever-so-slightly virtuous due to the vegetable-as-primary-ingredient factor. We feel the same way. 😉 That’s why we’ve cooked all this fantastic goodness into one irresistible Broccoli and Egg Cheese Bake. What could be better? Not much, right? If you agree, then read on for the how-to.
The Skinny Ms. Broccoli and Egg Cheese Bake features two heaping cups of broccoli florets along with low-fat Greek yogurt to add creaminess, not calorie-ness. 😉 But don’t worry: whole milk and shredded Swiss cheese combine to pack a wholesome calcium punch and decadent cheesy richness. Season with a little salt and pepper to taste (perhaps some parsley if you’re feeling fancy) and voila! Your favorite broccoli and egg cheese bake dish has been born. Enjoy!
Broccoli and Egg Cheese Bake
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets chopped from the bunch
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup swiss cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt low-fat
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lightly grease an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with olive oil or cooking spray to coat. Toss broccoli florets in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Arrange in a flat layer on the baking sheet.
- Roast for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through. While broccoli roasts, combine eggs, milk, and both cheeses in the blender. Blend until combined. Add the dry ingredients and blend.
- Pour the mixture into the greased baking pan. Once broccoli is cooked, add the roasted broccoli by carefully dropping the florets into the egg mixture. Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through in the center. Cut into slices and top with chopped parsley to serve, if desired.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We love feedback! Head to the comments section to let us know what you think of this post, or what you’d like to see on our site.