Who says breakfast can’t satisfy your sweet tooth? Let’s face it – nothing relieves sugar cravings better than decadent, fruit-filled crepes. Luckily, SkinnyMs. has given the traditionally calorie-rich treat a nutritious twist. Our Buckwheat Crepes with Fruit Filling and Yogurt have a bunch of health benefits to offer!
Buckwheat flour, a wonderful source of whole grains, makes up the bulk of this recipe. Low-fat Greek yogurt packs a protein punch that’ll boost your energy levels and fill you up, making these delights a perfect breakfast option. Once cooked, stuff each crepe with tangy, nutritious fruits like diced peaches, chopped bananas, and tropical kiwis. One bite of these mouthwatering crepes will burst with complementary flavors guaranteed to satisfy.
Yields: 8 servings | Calories: 246 | Total Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 46mg | Carbohydrates: 28g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 14g | Protein: 8g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 11 |
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil, melted, plus more for the skillet
- 2/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/3 cup 100% white whole wheat flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup lowfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 kiwis, peeled and diced
- 1 mango or peach, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 banana, peeled and chopped into pieces
- Chop fruit and mix yogurt with honey and vanilla. Add coconut oil, both flours, and eggs in a blender or food processor and blend until fully combined.
- Add one teaspoon of coconut oil in an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1/3 cup ladle of batter and swirl with the back of the ladle to form a flat crepe. Cook for 2 minutes, loosen the edges with a spatula, and cook for an additional 30 seconds until cooked through. Cover and repeat with the rest of the mix.
- Serve crepes warm with fresh fruit inside and a dollop of yogurt in each.
Craving more healthy treats? Like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest for the best in clean, delicious eating. Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates delivered straight to your inbox.
We need your feedback! Let us know what you thought about this article or anything else on the site. Leave us a comment below.