Whether you consider yourself a baking pro or oven amateur, anyone can whip up these super simple biscuits.
Surprise your family with a batch of these fabulous, flaky Cheddar Garlic Biscuits! These warm, melt-in-your-mouth dinner treats are the stuff of dreams. Where most biscuit recipes call for basic ingredients like flour, butter, and eggs, we’ve kicked the flavor up a few notches in our healthier version by throwing in some vibrant spices like paprika and cayenne pepper for a zesty punch.
Each bite of buttery, flaky goodness tastes even more magical with the addition of ooey gooey cheddar cheese (reduced fat, of course)! Whether you consider yourself a baking pro or oven amateur, anyone can whip up these super simple biscuits. Complete with a parsley-studded buttery topping, these bomb biscuits are certain to please a crowd and have your friends reaching for seconds. Eat up!
Cheddar Garlic Biscuits
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika sweet or smoked
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter cold, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/4 cups cheddar cheese reduced-fat, shredded
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons flat-leaf parsley fresh, finely chopped or 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Add butter and cut into flour mixture using a fork or hands, until it resembles coarse crumbs. Add cheese and toss to combine. Add buttermilk and stir just until combined. Do not over mix. Dough will be sticky.
- Using a 1/4 cup, drop biscuit dough onto a nonstick or parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes or until golden on top and bottom.
- In the meantime, in a small bowl add melted butter, garlic powder, and chopped parsley. Set aside.
- Remove biscuits from oven and brush with butter topping.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Love the recipe? Let us know! Leave a comment in the section below about this article or anything else you would like to see on SkinnyMs.