If you love caramel apples, you’re gonna fall head-over-heels for our Apple Nachos Supreme.
When you think of nachos, you probably envision a bunch of chips drowning in melty cheese, beans, and a host colorful ingredients you like to spice the dish up with. This sweet, savory take on the popular comfort dish spotlights apple slices instead of chips. That’s right! These nacho lookalikes include a combination of apples, pecans, lemon juice, and chocolate chips into a mouthwatering mixture bursting with tangy, chocolately goodness. Drizzled with hot caramel sauce for added sweetness, this crisp treat will delight anyone with a sweet tooth! And with ingredients like fiber-rich apples and nutritious pecans, you can finally indulge in some dessert, without the guilt!
Yields: 5 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 cup | Calories: 282 | Total Fat: 11 g | Saturated Fat: 5 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 1 mg| Carbohydrates: 451 g | Sodium: 119 mg | Dietary Fiber: 6 g | Sugars: 14 g | Protein: 3 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle) 8
- 3 tart apples (I used Granny Smith), cored, peeled and cut into 1/4" cubes
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, (for gluten-free chips we recommend Enjoy Life)
- 1/4 cup diced pecans
- 1/2 cup (hot) caramel sauce, here's our recipe for Caramel Sauce
- In a large mixing bowl add apple pieces and lemon juice, toss to combine. On a serving platter, add apples, chocolate chips and drizzle with hot caramel sauce. Serve immediately for best results!
- Use additional caramel sauce for added sweetness.