This casserole gives new meaning to eating your vegetables.
This casserole gives new meaning to eating your vegetables. Our broccoli and cauliflower casserole dish is full of irresistibly decadent flavors and health benefits!
Vitamin-rich vegetables are cooked until tender and glistening with vibrant colors. The coconut milk adds a hint of tropical sweetness. When combined with Greek yogurt, spices, and Parmesan cheese, it becomes a savory sauce bursting with bold flavor. Pasta provides a chewy, high-protein starch that mixes well with the broccoli and cauliflower. Reduced-fat cheddar or part-skim mozzarella is the perfect warm and melty finish to your comfort food casserole. It’s one of our favorite low-calorie alternatives to full-fat cheese. Simply bake and savor each heavenly bite!
Cheesy Broccoli & Cauliflower Casserole
- 1 cup whole-wheat penne high protein penne, orecchiette, or mini shells pasta for substitute, uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 garlic clove minced or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/16 teaspoon nutmeg a pinch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice freshly squeezed (about 1/2 a lemon)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt non-fat or low-fat, plain
- 2 cups coconut milk canned
- 1/4 cup parmesan grated
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup cheddar reduced-fat, shredded or part-skim mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add cauliflower and broccoli florets. Allow to boil for 3 minutes, until crisp-tender and bright. Drain.
- Mix pasta and broccoli/cauliflower mixture, together with garlic, nutmeg, lemon juice, yogurt, coconut milk, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Place cauliflower and broccoli in even layer in baking dish.
- Cover tightly with tinfoil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with cheddar or mozzarella cheese. Change the oven to the broiler setting and place under for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Which classic recipes should get a Skinny Ms. makeover? Let us know what you think!