Baked potato recipes are a dime a dozen, as are potato casseroles, but some of them are pretty unhealthy. The next time you’re looking for some healthy baked potato recipes, why not try this cheesy potato bake? It’s creamy, cheesy, and oh so delicious, but made with ingredients that are lower in calories than you may be used to. The next time you’re looking for baked potato ideas, this easy recipe will hit the spot without leaving you feeling guilty!
Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: about 3/4 cup | Calories: 193 | Total Fat: 5 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 18 mg | Sodium: 287 mg | Carbohydrates: 25 g | Dietary Fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 5 g | Protein: 2 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 7 |
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 pounds potatoes, sliced thin
- 4 ounces shredded low fat cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces shredded low fat Swiss cheese
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Add the potatoes to the dish and season with salt and pepper. Combine the cheeses in a bowl.
- Combine the milk and cornstarch in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil, while whisking continuously for about 1 minute. Turn off he heat and add half the cheese and the yogurt. Stir in the thyme and season lightly with salt and pepper. Pour the sauce over the potatoes.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes, until bubbly. Uncover, sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 15 more minutes, until potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife and cheese is browned and bubbly.