Tis soup is delicious and filling!
Chicken and Wild Rice Soup with Goat Cheese
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup wild rice cooked
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion large, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 4 to 5 red potatoes small, diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus more for sprinkling chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper plus more for sprinkling chicken
- 4 ounces goat cheese soft
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and place in a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake for 35 minutes, let cool and then chop.
- Heat olive oil in a dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until onion begins to soften (about 5 minutes). Add in potatoes and chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add in milk and flour and stir to make sure no clumps of flour exist. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add in chicken, rice, salt, pepper and rosemary and continue to simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Stir in goat cheese until melted and completely incorporated. Serves 4.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
It’s not always easy to incorporate an eating plan that is nutritious, satisfying, and doesn’t break the bank.