Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 277 | Total Fat: 6.8 g | Saturated Fat: 3.0 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 52 mg | Sodium: 383 mg | Carbohydrates: 30.0 g | Dietary Fiber: 2.8 g | Sugars: 3.7 g | Protein: 24.5 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 6 |
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 4-5 small red potatoes, diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 2 tbs flour
- 1 tbs chopped, fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp salt, plus more for sprinkling chicken
- 1/2 tsp pepper, plus more for sprinkling chicken
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and place in a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake for 35 minutes, let cool and then chop.
- Heat olive oil in a dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until onion begins to soften (about 5 minutes). Add in potatoes and chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add in milk and flour and stir to make sure no clumps of flour exist. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add in chicken, rice, salt, pepper and rosemary and continue to simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Stir in goat cheese until melted and completely incorporated. Serves 4.
It’s not always easy to incorporate an eating plan that is nutritious, satisfying, and doesn’t break the bank.