Chicken chili is a perfect way to stay warm on a chilly night!
This is a guest recipe from blogger Mellissa of A Fit and Spicy Life. A Fit and Spicy Life is all about a Midwestern Girl and her love of fitness, food, travel and wine. Mellissa is a 30 something newlywed living in Minneapolis, MN and focuses on creating healthy recipes, sharing her love of fitness, travel and wine.
Follow Mellissa on Twitter– @fitnspicy
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 cups cannellini beans canned - no salt added, rinsed, and drained
- 1 cup water
- 7 ounces chopped green chiles canned - undrained and divided
- 14 ounces chicken broth canned
- flat leaf Italian parsley for garnish
- hot sauce as needed
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add oil.
- Season chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add chicken; sauté 4 minutes.
- Add onion and next 5 ingredients; sauté 3 minutes.
- Add 2 cups beans, water, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 can of chiles, and broth; bring to a boil.
- Mash 1 cup beans and the other 1/2 can chiles in a bowl. Add to soup; simmer 20 minutes.
- Garnish with flat leaf parsley, salt/pepper and hot sauce if needed
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms