Here’s a great way to make healthy chicken fajitas: use lettuce as a wrap! We make our fajitas with lean, protein-rich chicken breast and Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, for a hearty meal without a ton of fat. Enjoy these chicken fajitas in lettuce leaves with our fresh homemade Tex-Mex Salsa. If you’re still craving Mexican, check out our 13 Delicious Mexican-Inspired Skinny Recipes.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 2 fajitas in lettuce leaves | Calories: 185 | Total Fat: 4 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 367 mg | Carbohydrates: 5 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 2 g | Protein: 31 g | SmartPoints: 3 |
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and cut into strips
- 1 white onion, peeled, halved, and sliced
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts(6 to 8 ounces apiece), cut into strips
- 8 large iceberg lettuce leaves, washed and patted dry
- Nonfat Greek yogurt (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, put in olive oil and the chicken strips. Sprinkle on salt and pepper, and let it cook for 2 minutes, then add the bell pepper strips and the onions. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes until chicken is cooked through and golden on the outside.
- Place chicken with onions and peppers in each lettuce leaf. Top with salsa and a dollop of nonfat Greek yogurt (optional). Fajitas in lettuce leaves can also be topped with guacamole, if desired.
Like what you see? Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from SkinnyMs. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter.