Enjoy a healthier version of fajitas. Wrap it up in lettuce!
Here’s a great way to make healthy chicken fajitas: use lettuce as a wrap! We make our fajitas with lean, protein-rich chicken breast and Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, for a hearty meal without a ton of fat. Enjoy these chicken fajitas in lettuce leaves with our fresh homemade Tex-Mex Salsa. If you’re still craving Mexican, check out our 13 Delicious Mexican-Inspired Skinny Recipes.
Zesty Chicken Fajitas in Lettuce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper stemmed, seeded, and cut into strips
- 1 white onion peeled, halved, and sliced
- 3 boneless and skinless chicken breasts (6 to 8 ounces apiece), cut into strips
- 8 iceberg lettuce leaves large, washing and patted dry
- Greek yogurt non-fat, optional
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup salsa
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, put in olive oil and the chicken strips. Sprinkle on salt and pepper, and let it cook for 2 minutes, then add the bell pepper strips and the onions. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes until chicken is cooked through and golden on the outside.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Like what you see? Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms. Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter.