This salsa is fresh and powerful!
This spicy treat will leave you wanting more, and that’s ok because this side is loaded with healthy ingredients including tomatoes which pack an antioxidant punch!
- 6 roma tomatoes diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 2 jalapenos seeded and skinned
- 1/3 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- Add all the above ingredients to a food processor and pulse 2 to 3 times or until ingredients are a chunky consistency. Store salsa in a glass container with lid and refrigerate for 8 hours allowing the flavors time to marry.
- Add all diced ingredients to a slow-cooker, cover and cook on low 3 hours. Allow salsa to cool at room temperature and store in a glass container with lid...refrigerate until ready to use. This method is more like the commercial version or restaurant-style.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms