This spicy treat will leave you wanting more, and that’s ok because this side is loaded with healthy ingredients including tomatoes which pack an antioxidant punch!
- 6 roma tomatoes diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 2 jalapenos seeded and skinned
- 1/3 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- Add all the above ingredients to a food processor and pulse 2 to 3 times or until ingredients are a chunky consistency. Store salsa in a glass container with lid and refrigerate for 8 hours allowing the flavors time to marry.
- Add all diced ingredients to a slow-cooker, cover and cook on low 3 hours. Allow salsa to cool at room temperature and store in a glass container with lid...refrigerate until ready to use. This method is more like the commercial version or restaurant-style.