This sandwich is perfect for any day!
This healthy chicken salad sandwich is the perfect summer lunch with tons of health benefits to boot. We like the added bok choy for a little crunch and a boost of nutrients from a veggie. Red grapes add a hint of sweetness and walnuts are crunch and provide many health benefits, including omega-3s. This healthy fat improves cholesterol levels and contains plenty of antioxidants that fight numerous diseases.
Chicken salad can be a hit or miss item. Many chicken salad recipes are filled with saturated fats and packed with calories, but not this one! This is one chicken sandwich that tastes like an indulgent, but is far from it. The addition of bok choy, red grapes, and walnuts makes it even healthier.
Salads are a great mix for sandwiches, but you can also top a traditional salad with greens and other fresh veggies with this recipe. Add leafy dark greens, carrots, tomatoes, and cucumbers, and this chicken salad is made even healthier. Be sure to choose a healthy whole grain bread option, packed with fiber and featuring a wholesome, nutty taste. A fresh, chewy loaf of whole grain bread pairs perfectly with the light, creamy taste of this chicken salad.
Check out our delicious Salad Options.
Chicken Salad Sandwich
- 1 chicken breast with bone and skin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bok choy stalk
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 1/2 cup walnuts diced
- 12 red grapes seedless, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise clean, we used Primal Kitchen Mayo
- 4 slices whole grain bread optional roll in a lettuce leaf make a skinny wrap
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Add walnuts to a small pan, toast in the oven for 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add chicken breast to a small casserole dish and sprinkle with paprika. Bake chicken approximately 15 - 20 minutes or until juices run clear. Allow to cool. Remove skin and bones, cut into bite-size pieces.
- In a medium bowl combine bok choy, celery or bok choy, walnuts, red grapes, black pepper, and salt. Add chicken pieces and mayo, toss to coat.
- Lightly toast bread, add chicken salad to two pieces of toast, top with the other two pieces of toast. Cut the two sandwiches in half and serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily enewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.