Add a pop to your next cookout and serve it as a condiment over your favorite grilled meats!
Chimichurri is an uncooked sauce, much like salsa, originating from Argentina and Uragua. Typically, it is served over grilled meat, but you can use it as a marinade or condiment on almost anything. It has tangy and mildly spicy flavors, so it goes with almost anything! You’ll love our take on Chimichurri Sauce, since we’ve added cilantro and used fresh red chiles instead of flakes. Pro tip: make it a day ahead and let it sit overnight, so the flavors can meld together for the perfect sauce!
Serve our delicious Chimichurri Sauce over this Sweet Potato & Black Bean Pasty or add a pop to your next cookout and serve it as a condiment over your favorite grilled meats!
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro fresh, finely chopped
- 1 onion small, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove finely minced
- 1 red chili pepper small, seeded and deveined, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice fresh
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and serve over favorite meat or pasty.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Recipe adapted from Culinary Ginger.
What’s your favorite condiment for grilled meats? Share with us in the comments!