This decadent dessert is a holiday favorite!
Introducing the ridiculously moist and delicious Chocolate Banana Bread with Hot Fudge Sauce. Yes, you heard that right. It’s banana bread. But it’s got chocolate inside and hot fudge sauce on top! There will be no returning to old-school banana bread once you’ve tried this recipe, so make sure you’ve said your goodbyes before reading the rest of this post.
Moist and Delicious
This chocolate banana bread will literally knock your proverbial socks off. It’s made with coconut milk and coconut sugar to boost the clean and reduce the mean. Have it without the hot fudge sauce for breakfast and with the hot fudge sauce for dessert. We promise it will magnify the decadence factor and reduce guilt! What are you waiting for? Grab a bowl and get your chocolate banana bread batter on ASAP.
A Decadent Dessert
Chocolate Banana Bread with Hot Fudge Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa unsweetened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 4 bananas overly ripe
- 2 eggs large
- 1 1/4 cups coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil unrefined, melted
- 1/2 cup buttermilk low-fat, optional kefir or Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips dark chips were used in this recipe
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
Hot Fudge Sauce Ingredients
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup lite coconut milk canned
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Roast walnut pieces for 12 minutes. Remove and allow to cool while preparing batter. Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees. Lightly grease and flour a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a fork, mash enough bananas to equal 1 1/2 cups, around 3. Dice remaining banana into small chunks. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs until slightly whipped. Add coconut sugar and whisk to combine with eggs. Add melted coconut oil, buttermilk, mashed and diced banana, and vanilla and whisk to incorporate. Fold in the flour mixture and stir just until moistened. Add nuts and chocolate chips and stir to combine. Pour batter into loaf pan and bake 55 minutes or until a fork inserted in the center comes out clean. If the fork hits a chocolate chip try again.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before inverting on a wire rack. Cool completely before flipping over and adding hot fudge sauce.
Hot Fudge Sauce
- Combine ingredients in a small saucepan and heat on low until chips are completely melted, about 5 minutes. Stir chips while melting.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly before drizzling over the bread. There will be extra hot fudge which can be added to individual slices, if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate leftover hot fudge. Fudge will become very thick and may need reheating before eating a second time.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Stay informed about new recipes, workouts, and other healthy lifestyle topics by subscribing to our newsletter. Join our fun and thriving community on our Facebook page and check out our Pinterest, too!
Have some feedback about this Chocolate Banana Bread with Hot Fudge Sauce? Let us know what you think in the comments section below. Don’t forget to let us know what you’d like to read about in the future!