This indulgent treat uses delicious clean ingredients.
This guest recipe for No-Bake Chocolate Covered Cookie Dough Balls is a twist on homemade cashew cookie Larabars, created by Jennifer of Edible Sound Bites. They’re equivelant to eating decadent chocolate truffles…only without the guilt. Curb your chocolate cravings with these healthy little bites!
Chocolate Covered Cookie Dough Balls
- 1 cup cashews raw, unsalted
- 1 cup dates fresh, pitted
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate 72%, chopped plus extra for the chocolate middles
- cocoa powder sifted, for dusting
- Place cashews in a food processor and grind until finely chopped. Be careful not to turn them into flour.
- Next add the dates to the chopped nuts and grind until combined and mixture holds together. It should be sticky enough that you are able to form it together in your hands.
- Using a spoon, scoop a bit of the mix out and roll into 1" balls. Arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Take a knife or use your fingers to pry a hole in the middle of each one, then place a small chunk of chocolate in and roll it up again in your hands.
- Melt the chocolate using the double boiler method (a heat-proof bowl placed on top of a pot of simmering water) or the microwave. Using two spoons, dip and roll cookie dough balls into melted chocolate to cover and coat. Lift and let excess chocolate drip back into the bowl then return to parchment-lined baking sheet. Chill in the refrigerator until the chocolate is hardened and set. Using a sieve, lightly dust with the cookie balls with cocoa powder for that finished truffle look.
- Store in an air-tight container and keep in the refrigerator. (If you can keep your hands off them that is).
- Recipe makes about 1 dozen.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Jennifer Trennum is the culinary voice behind the beautiful blog, Edible Sound Bites. With a passion for recipe development in particular, she couples healthful recipes with photography to show how whole foods can be beautiful. Her food philosophy: clean, simple and healthy. She has unique and wonderful recipes.
For more skinny chocolate recipes look here!