This sweet treat is actually good for you!
These are soft with just a hint of chew, and because they are made with real, whole ingredients, you’ll be satisfied after eating just one or two. Honest! That deep rich chocolate flavor is very satisfying when you don’t have any “chemical surprises” mixed in with it! Try it! You’ll see!
Chocolate Covered Peanuts
- 8 ounces unsweetened baker's chocolate you'll find it in the baking aisle at the store - orange box
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup or pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup honey
- dash of kosher or sea salt
- 2 cups roasted peanuts any type of nuts will work here
- 1 tablespoon oil I used unrefined coconut oil...canola will also work
- Add all ingredients to a heavy saucepan and turn to low heat. Stir until chocolate is completed melted.
- Once everything is melted and well mixed together, you can start spooning the mixture in small bits onto a parchment-lined cookie sheets or some other moveable item that will fit into your fridge for cooling. Just be sure you use the parchment. Remember, these are supposed to be bite-sized chocolate candies. Not family-size candy bars.
- Put the cookie sheets in the fridge and allow to cool for a minimum of 3 hours. More is better.
- STORAGE: Store in a Ziploc bag in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Click here for the Top 10 Slow Cooker Recipes on Skinny Ms.