If you are looking for some delicious soup, look no further!
This soup is quick, easy, nutritious, and delicious was created by Anne who publishes, FannetasticFood.com. Anne is an avid runner, (whole) foodie, occasional yogi, and lover of photography, travel, adventure, and healthy recipe creation.
Enjoy this awesome Chunky Turkey and Vegetable Soup immediately, or double the batch and freeze the leftovers for a quick mid-week meal! Visit www.FannetasticFood.com for more delicious recipes.
Chunky Turkey and Vegetable Soup
- 1/2 cup brown rice uncooked
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 1 bell pepper any color - diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes can
- 16 ounces chicken broth package - lower sodium if possible
- 1/2 bunch of fresh kale leaves only, remove stems
- Cook brown rice per package instructions. Set aside.
- In a stockpot, cook the turkey with the olive oil and garlic over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until browned through. Add in the carrots, celery, bell pepper, and seasonings, and sauté together about 5 minutes.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients, including the cooked brown rice. Simmer mixture about 10 to 15 minutes, or until veggies have reached desired tenderness, kale has wilted, and soup is warmed through.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms