This amazing Alfredo sauce is creamy, rich, and full of flavor, yet it contains neither milk nor cream. How is that possible? We use pureed cauliflower – yes, cauliflower! When cooked and pureed with garlic and olive oil, cauliflower makes an amazing clean eating Alfredo sauce that is delicious on pasta, vegetables, or even pizza. One taste and you’ll use it on everything!
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 cup | Calories: 97 |Total Fat: 6 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 7 mg | Sodium: 355 mg | Carbohydrates: 4 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 1 g | Protein: 7 g | SmartPoints: 3
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté for a minute or two, being careful not to let it burn.
- Bring the stock to a boil and add the cauliflower. Cover and cook for 5-6 minutes until the cauliflower is tender. Transfer the cauliflower, including liquid, to a blender and blend until smooth. Add the cheese and continue blending. You can add more stock or milk to thin the sauce to your liking. Season with salt and pepper before serving.
Love discovering healthy substitutions in your favorite recipes? Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from SkinnyMs. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter.