Usually, when we think of fettuccine recipes, pasta smothered with unhealthy buttery sauce comes to mind… not this recipe! Made with olive oil, fresh spinach and tomatoes, and zesty spices, this fettuccine recipe not only tastes amazing, but is much better for you than the fattening, artery-clogging alternative. Add pitted kalamata olives to your creamy fettuccine recipe and feel your taste buds go wild!
Serve Mediterranean Creamy Fettuccine with Broiled Tomatoes with a fresh garden salad, like our:
Yield: 5-6 servings| Serving Size: 330 grams |Calories: 421| Total Fat: 20.9 g | Saturated Fat: 8.7 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 87 mg | Sodium: 613 mg | Carbohydrates: 48.1 g | Dietary Fiber: 3.2 g | Sugars: 4.9 g | Protein: 12.9 g | SmartPoints: 15
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes
- 6 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 12 oz uncooked whole-wheat fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 6 oz cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives (optional)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup torn fresh basil
- 1. Preheat broiler. Broil tomatoes and garlic on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet 4
- 2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving ⅓ cup pasta water.
- 3. Heat oil in a large skillet; sauté spinach 1 minute. Add reserved pasta water,
- cheese, and red pepper; cook until cheese melts. Add tomato mixture, pasta,
- olives, and salt; toss with basil before serving.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.