Twirl your fork into this creamy, nutrient-rich fettuccini!
Usually, when we think of fettuccine recipes, pasta smothered with unhealthy buttery sauce comes to mind… not this recipe! Made with olive oil, fresh spinach and tomatoes, and zesty spices, this fettuccine recipe not only tastes amazing, but is much better for you than the fattening, artery-clogging alternative. Add pitted kalamata olives to your creamy fettuccine recipe and feel your taste buds go wild!
Serve Mediterranean Creamy Fettuccine with Broiled Tomatoes with a fresh garden salad, like our:
Mediterranean Creamy Fettuccine with Broiled Tomatoes
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes
- 6 cloves garlic coarsely chopped
- 12 ounces whole wheat fettuccine uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives pitted, chopped (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup basil fresh, torn
- Preheat broiler. Broil tomatoes and garlic on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet 4 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving ⅓ cup pasta water.
- Heat oil in a large skillet; sauté spinach 1 minute. Add reserved pasta water, cheese, and red pepper; cook until cheese melts. Add tomato mixture, pasta, olives, and salt; toss with basil before serving.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily enewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.