This homemade jam is easy to prepare and made without refined sugar.
We love this jam recipe with no sugar added ! It’s quick, fun, and makes for adorable gifts. It can be made even when fresh blueberries are not in season. Frozen blueberries will work just as well.
It’s what’s known as a freezer jam. Despite the name, it can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. But in the freezer, it can be stored for up to a year. Because its not stored on a shelf, no boiling or sterilizing of jars is required.
Just be sure to start with clean jars. This recipe yields 4 jars of jam. If adding a label, do so when the jars have cooled. As mentioned, sugar-free jam can be a cute homemade summer gift or is easy to bring to a party. Just add a label (as a tag tied to the top or a sticker) with freezer or fridge storage directions and the date.
Sugar often acts as a preservative in jams, but because it’s not used, it will keep for up to one year, as long as it’s stored in the freezer. This recipe does not require a thickening agent. The natural pectin found in the skins of the blueberries will assist in thickening the jam naturally.
One serving suggestion: Spoon this jam into creamy plain Greek yogurt and mix, per a suggestion from The Sweetest Challenge.
Clean Eating Blueberry Jam
- 8 cups blueberries fresh or frozen
- kosher or sea salt pinch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar or honey, more to taste
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- Add all of the ingredients to a pot, stir well, and heat over medium heat until boiling. Reduce heat to a simmer and allow to boil for 10 minutes, or until thickened. Use a potato masher to mash up some of the berries while heating.
- Allow to cool before placing in jars and store in the fridge or freezer.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite recipe from Skinny Ms.? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.